My proposed Unit Title is The Wizard Of Oz. This is a SRA reading unit that is taught in my 7th grade resource class to meet the IEP goals of fluency, decoding, and comprehension. The following are the questions:
Is there really no place like home?
· Of all the stories, why has The Wizard of Oz stood the test of time and been so memorable to students?
· How would the Wizard of Oz change if a Dorothy never got back to Kansas?
· What would happen in a modern day Wizard of Oz story?
· What are good qualities of a home?
· What is alike and different from the movie to the book?
· How have reading fluency, comprehension, and decoding improved throughout the unit?
· In what ways are we building written expression through reading?
Thanks for all of your help. I am looking forward to creating a more exciting way to improve reading and writing skills with more technology!